Hope you got to hear or see some of the Blue Angels practicing today. I wanted to post an opportunity to get engaged with an organization I truly love, Habitat for Humanity. I used to lead alternative spring break trips with them back in college, great organization and really helps people that want to own a home and are low-income in the Seattle area. The other cool thing is the volunteers work with the family to build the home. Very cool. They are looking for:
Goal of the Position: To recruit, retain, and recognize volunteers that work to support the goals of Habitat for Humanity.
Department: Volunteer Services
Responsible to: Elise Cope, Volunteer Services Manager
Time Required:Hours: 1.5 hour meetings, once a month, Wednesdays, 6:30 to 8 pm. 3 to 8 hours a month overall.
Length of Commitment: 6 months – 1 year
Positions Available: 5 Position Availability: All year
The Volunteer Relations Committee ensures that the HFHEKC volunteer program is conducive to a rewarding experience to maintain the highest possible level of participation, safety & satisfaction. Committee members will:
· Actively recruit volunteers throughout the year to accomodate changing needs.
· Improve orientation information given to all volunteers.
· Improve the volunteer recognition / follow-up process.
· Organize an annual formal volunteer recognition event.
· Develop a Youth Volunteer Program.
· Develop a Summer Team Lead Program.
· Establish a more efficient information transfer system between the office and sites.
· Ensure that the volunteer database is maintained & accurate.
· Manage and assess legal forms and documents.
· Organize volunteer info sessions for the public once a month.
Desired Skills of Volunteer Relations Committee Members:
- Good organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High level of responsibility
- Volunteer experience on the construction site(s)
- Volunteer coordination experience
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Connection to community resources and potential sources of volunteers
- Comfort and desire to share the HFHEKC mission with groups of potential volunteers
- Ability to respond appropriately to the changing volunteer needs of HFHEKC
- Database management experience
- Event planning experience
We will orient each committee member to the Habitat for Humanity mission, the affiliate organization (HFHEKC), & current and prospective volunteer relations committee projects.
If you have any questions about the Volunteer Relations Committee or would like to join, please contact Elise Cope, Volunteer Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-869-6007. Please include a resume and/or explanation of your applicable experience.